1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons of olive oil
3 teaspoons of chili powder
Salt and Pepper to Taste
3 cups chicken broth
1 can of tomato sauce
¼ cup Beano’s Southwest Sauce
1 can of black beans, drained
3 cups of instant whole grain brown rice
Shredded Colby jack cheese
• Place chicken, broth, tomato sauce, olive oil, chili powder, salt and pepper in slow cooker and stir.
• Cook on low for about 4 hours, until chicken is cooked through (165 degrees).
• Remove chicken from slow cooker, shred it and set it aside.
• Turn slow cooker to high and stir in rice, black beans, and Beano’s Southwest Sauce.
• Let the mixture cook 30 minutes on high, or until rice is cooked.
• Add shredded chicken back in, top with cheese and let cook a few minutes longer until cheese is melted.
Enjoy! Makes 4-6 servings.