8 white corn or flour tortillas
4-6 Tilapia filets (depending on size)
1 cup flour (may need more depending on size of dredging dish)
1 Tablespoon granulated garlic or garlic salt
1 Tablespoon paprika
1/2 cup cooking oil
3 cups angel hair cut cabbage
2 large poblano peppers
1/4 cup (for tossing the slaw) & 2 Tablespoons (for sauteing the peppers) Beano’s Balsamic Submarine Dressing
- In a shallow bowl, mix flour, garlic, and paprika. Dredge the fish filet through the mixture, put on a plate, and set aside.
- Finely dice the poblano peppers and saute them in 2 T balsamic dressing.
- While the peppers are cooking, in a medium mixing bowl, combine the angel hair cut cabbage and 1/4 cup balsamic dressing. Add the peppers once they’re tender.
- In a medium pan, heat the cooking oil. You may need more or less depending on the size of your pan. There should be about an 1/8 to 1/4 of an inch of oil in the pan.
- Cook each filet for 5-7 minutes on each side. They are done when they are crispy, golden-brown, and flake to the touch.
- To heat tortillas, I typically cook them for about 30 seconds on each side on a cast iron griddle, but there are several ways to heat them up! If you’re doing flour tortillas, another easy way to heat them up is to wrap them in a damp paper towel and microwave them for 20 second intervals until they are where you want them!
Makes 8 soft tacos. Enjoy!